Making the most of Visual Studio with MSDN
09 Jun 2016
This short article will reflect on few important things you should know about visual studio with MSDN.
By following the tips explained in this article, it will be easy for you to efficiently write, quickly navigate and as well as debugging your code in visual studio. There are some articles that talks about this in the internet also. There are different versions to this.
We shall attempt to explain the following sections:
- How to access your visual studio tools
- How to write code
- How to navigate within the code
- How to find items as fast as possible
- Debugging code, and
- How to manage toolbars, files and windows
How to access your visual studio tools
This can be accessed if you are able to pin to the taskbar or start screen. You can enter the visual studio tool, starting from the start screen. Then the next thing to do would be to enter the key. You can furthermore, open the shortcut menu by building notifications, debugging package manager, and so on.
How to write code
Codes can easily be written by using the following features:
- Use sample applications
- Use intellisense
- When you enter the code, you can easily change the auto-insertion options
- Toggle completion mode
- Use code snippets
- Fix code error messages
- Edit the code element
How to navigate your code
It is possible to navigate the code to anywhere you want or to any location you deemed fit. You can easily navigate within the code by bookmarking lines of code, looking for symbol definition in a file, checking the complete structure of the code. All these are really very simple and highly effective. Visual studio msdn makes this process exceptionally easy for the user.
How to find items as fast as possible
You can find items faster by searching across them for options, files and commands. Below information may still be of great help:
- You can filter the content of the tools like the properties, toolbox, and solution explorer
- You can display the error messages you really want to address, it is possible to minimize the volume of errors that comes out in the error list
- Find options, menu commands as well as dialog boxes.
- Quick launch- this also involve tool windows and project files
Debugging is not really an easy task; it takes a lot of time. However, the process explained below can really assist you in speeding up the entire process:
- You can test the application, same page or site in another browser—while debugging them, it is possible to switch the web browsers you have already installed.
- Set temporary breakpoints- the debugger after some time enters the break mode
- During debugging, it is possible to move execution point
- You can access value information by pinning it.
- You can now clear the immediate window
How to manage toolbars, files and windows
You can simply organize the tool bars, files and windows by following these tips:
- You need to keep the files that you constantly use
- The windows and documents need to be moved to monitors you intend to use, and
- Then all the fonts that appear in the visual studio needs to be customized.